Hot Stock Alerts

Potential Breakout Stocks of the Day:
Top Stocks 2021 - TSLA BYND GBTC
Top Penny Stocks 2021 - GBTC

Stock Market Closing Report - 12/8/20 December 8, 2020

Friday, August 31, 2012

Stock Trading August 31, 2012 (AAPL,ZLCS,PPHM,PVH,JOSB,GCO,SPLK,P)

By Tim - http://stockstobuy.org - Twitter - @stockstobuy -

I recently started a stock picks group where I share all of my stock trades in real time, communicate to members what stocks I buy and sell, and give analysis on the stock market. I also highlight key pre market and after hours news and just try to create a daily trading plan so that we can all make money. I also highlight long term stocks to buy and hold because not everyone is a short term investor. Most importantly, I share with members the right way to trade and invest so they can make more winning trades and avoid losses.

Below is analysis of my trades from August 27, 2012 - August 31, 2012. I had a 7 out of 9 success rate.

Apple (AAPL) - Apple (AAPL) was a stock I bought two Friday's ago at $656 on the big sell off. The company won a huge patent trial on over the weekend so I was able to sell at $680.60 in pre market on Monday for a sweet gain.

Zalicus Inc. (ZLCS) - I bought Zalicus Inc. (ZLCS) stock on Monday at $1.49 after the company announced FDA Approval. However, ZLCS did not perform up to my expectations so I sold out at $1.42 for a minor loss. I usually don't take large positions on penny stocks.

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) - I bought Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) at $1.93 on Monday after another bearish article caused a great buying opportunity. After the stock rallied from $1.76 to $1.97, I decided to sell and book my profit.

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) - I ended up buying PPHM back at $1.90 and sold on Tuesday at $1.97 for a nice gain.

PVH Corp. (PVH) - I bought PVH Corp. (PVH) at $90.60 on Monday night after the company reported blow out earnings. I sold PVH at $93.47 on Tuesday for a sweet gain.

Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. (JOSB) - I bought Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. (JOSB) at $45.37 on Wednesday morning after the company reported blow out earnings. An hour later, I sold JOSB at $47.11 for a nice gain.

Genesco Inc. (GCO) - Genesco Inc. (GCO) was my second minor loss of the week. I bought GCO after the company beat earnings on Wednesday morning at $75.65. After the open, I decided to sell the stock at $74.50.

Pandora Media, Inc. (P) - Pandora Media, Inc. (P) was my best trade of the week. After the company reported blow out earnings and raised guidance, I bought the stock Wednesday night at $11.10. On Thursday morning, I sold P stock at $12.03 for a monster gain.

Splunk, Inc. (SPLK) - I ended the week buying Splunk, Inc. (SPLK) Thursday night at $34.38 after the company reported blow out earnings. I sold Splunk, Inc. (SPLK) Friday morning at $35.43 for a good gain.

Next week will be a short trading week given that the stock market is closed on Monday for Labor Day - September 3, 2012. I am looking at several earnings plays for next week but the earnings calendar remains light.

It was another exciting week! We will be back at it in the Stock Picks Group on Monday -http://www.stockstobuy.org/group/stock-picks

Previous Reports - http://daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com/search/label/stock%20trading

oncontextmenu="return false">
Copyright © 2008-2020 - daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com

Stocks to Buy 2020 - Click Here