Hot Stock Alerts

Potential Breakout Stocks of the Day:
Top Stocks 2021 - TSLA BYND GBTC
Top Penny Stocks 2021 - GBTC

Stock Market Closing Report - 12/8/20 December 8, 2020

Friday, July 27, 2012

Stock Trading July 27, 2012 (SSN,SRPT,KOG,GALT,TNA,GENE,NFLX)

By Tim - http://stockstobuy.org - Twitter - @stockstobuy -

I recently started a stock picks group where I share all of my stock trades in real time, communicate to members what stocks I buy and sell, and give analysis on the stock market. I also highlight key pre market and after hours news and just try to create a daily trading plan so that we can all make money. I also highlight long term stocks to buy and hold because not everyone is a short term investor. Most importantly, I share with members the right way to trade and invest so they can make more winning trades and avoid losses.

Below is analysis of my trades from July 23, 2012 - July 27, 2012. I had a 5 out of 6 success rate for the week and enter July 30, 2012 with one open position in Netflix (NFLX).

Samson Oil & Gas (SSN) - Samson Oil & Gas (SSN) was a stock I held over the weekend and was sitting on a nice gain. However, on Monday, the Dow Jones was down 200 points at the open and SSN was actually flat on the day so I decided to take the gift and sell at $1.20. I had bought SSN at $1.14 the previous week. This SSN trade was good for about 5%. If you are going to speculate on a stock like SSN, you want a solid stock market.

Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT) - Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT) was my only losing trade of the week. I bought SRPT at $7.35 on Tuesday after the bullish muscular dystrophy news came out. The stock rallied to $7.60, I set a tight stop at $7.25, it was filled, and then the stock hit $9 an hour later. These things happen! Bought SRPT at $7.35, Sold at $7.25.

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) - Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) rallied from $7-$9.60 recently and then dropped back to $8.25 on Monday so I decided to buy the dip with a large position. I ended up selling KOG on Tuesday at $8.45 for a nice gain.

Galectin Therapeutics, Inc. (GALT) - Shares of Galectin Therapeutics, Inc. (GALT) were upgraded on Wednesday so I decided to buy the stock at $2.94 on the break out. About 5 minutes later I was able to sell GALT at $3.10 for a nice gain.

TNA - I bought TNA at $49.34 on Wednesday and then sold in pre market on Thursday at $50.35 for a nice gain.

Genetic Technologies Ltd. (GENE) - Genetic Technologies Ltd. (GENE) stock popped on Thursday so I decided to buying right after the open at $4.25 on the dip. I sold a few minutes later at $4.60. I tried to buy the stock back a few more times but never got filled so I cancelled my orders. This was one of my best trades of the week.

Netflix (NFLX) - I currently have an open position in NFLX that I bought Friday morning.

It was another exciting week! We will be back at it in the Stock Picks Group on Monday -http://www.stockstobuy.org/group/stock-picks

Previous Reports - http://daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com/search/label/stock%20trading

Copyright © 2008-2020 - daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com

Stocks to Buy 2020 - Click Here