Hot Stock Alerts

Potential Breakout Stocks of the Day:
Top Stocks 2021 - TSLA BYND GBTC
Top Penny Stocks 2021 - GBTC

Stock Market Closing Report - 12/8/20 December 8, 2020

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stock Trading June 22, 2012 (BVSN, PCX, VRNG, ALXA, UVXY)

By Tim - http://stockstobuy.org - Twitter - @stockstobuy -

I recently started a stock picks group where I share all my stock trades in real time, tell members what stocks I am buying, and give analysis on the stock market. I also highlight key pre market and after hours news and just try to create a daily trading plan so that we can all make money. Most importantly, I share with members the right way to trade so that they can make more winning trades and avoid losing trades.

Below is analysis of my trades from June 18, 2012 - June 22, 2012. I had a 4 out of 6 success rate.

BroadVision, Inc. (BVSN) - BroadVision, Inc. (BVSN) was my first trade of the week. I bought BVSN Monday morning at $13.10 and quickly sold on the pop to $14. BVSN is a great momentum stock to trade as long as there is high volume.

Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX) - Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX) was my best stock trade of the week. On Monday, PCX held the recent 52 week low and then surged up through $1.34 which was the high of the day. I bought PCX at $1.34 and sold the next morning at $1.575. This PCX trade was good for a 15% gain.

BroadVision, Inc. (BVSN) - On June 19, 2012, I tried BVSN again. Bought at $12.42, sold at $12.50. Could have sold much higher but I waited to long and got stopped out.

Vringo (VRNG) - Vringo (VRNG) was my worst trade of the week. I bought a half of position at $4.29, could have sold out multiple times for a minor profit but decided to keep holding. I then averaged down on Thursday at $3.95. I ended up selling out at $3.79 on Friday to clear out all trading positions for the week. I ended up losing about 9% on this trade but as soon as VRNG begins to show signs of life again, I will make this back. Right now, it could go lower. I guess I didn't expect VRNG to drop from $5.40 all the way down below $4 in such a short period of time without a meaningful bounce.

Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXA) - Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXA) was another big trade this week. On Friday I bought ALXA at $3.54 right after the open and quickly sold at $3.80. This stock ended up hitting $4.10 and had a strong close.

ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Fut ETF (UVXY) - UVXY was my last trade of the week. I bought UVXY at $12.60 thinking the stock market was going to give back most of the gains right after the open. However, UVXY tripped my $12.30 stop loss order and I ended up losing a small amount.

All in all, we had another good week. Many people were trading Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ARNA) successfully all week long.

We will be back at it in the Stock Picks Group on Monday -http://www.stockstobuy.org/group/stock-picks




Copyright © 2008-2020 - daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com

Stocks to Buy 2020 - Click Here