Hot Stock Alerts

Potential Breakout Stocks of the Day:
Top Stocks 2021 - TSLA BYND GBTC
Top Penny Stocks 2021 - GBTC

Stock Market Closing Report - 12/8/20 December 8, 2020

Friday, September 28, 2012

Stocks Picks October 2012 (AAPL,RIMM,BIOF,QCOR,HEB,HAIN,PPHM)


By Tim - http://stockstobuy.org - Twitter - @stockstobuy -

I recently started a stock picks group where I share all of my stock trades in real time, communicate to members what stocks I buy and sell, and give analysis on the stock market. I also highlight key pre market and after hours news and just try to create a daily trading plan so that we can all make money. I also highlight long term stocks to buy and hold because not everyone is a short term investor. Most importantly, I share with members the right way to trade and invest so they can make more winning trades and avoid losses.

Below is analysis of my trades from September 24, 2012 - September 28, 2012 - I had a 9 out of 14 success rate with one open 50% position in Apple (AAPL) into the weekend.


BioFuel Energy Corp. (BIOF) - If you recall, I was holding a tiny position in BioFuel Energy Corp. (BIOF) into last weekend.  I decided to buy a little bit more more on Monday and was expecting a bounce.  The bounce never came so I ended up buying at $7.05 and getting stopped out at $6.30.  This looks worse than it is but when I deal with risky stocks such as BIOF, I take really small positions.   I made this back on one Apple trade.

Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (QCOR) - I took an even smaller position in Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (QCOR) on Monday with an average of $20.61.  I ended up getting stopped out at $19 with a minor loss.  I may get back into this stock when it starts to break out to the upside.

Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) - I took a 50% position in Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) at $0.89 on Monday and was able to sell at $0.94 for a nice gain.

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) - Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) is a speculative biotech stock that looked good in pre market on Tuesday.  I bought at $1.22 and was able to sell about 20 minutes later at $1.29 for my best stock trade of the week.

Apple (AAPL) - I took a large position in Apple (AAPL) on Tuesday at $688 and sold a short term later at $692 for a nice profit.

Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) - Back to Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB), I bought a 50% position  on Tuesday at $0.86 and sold at $0.91 for a nice gain.

Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN) -Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN) sparked my interest on Tuesday after the stock saw a $10 drop in three weeks.  I bought HAIN at $64.20, watched it jump to $65.60, and then ended up selling at $63.70 for a small loss because I wanted to get back into Apple.

Apple (AAPL) - I bought a 50% position in Apple (AAPL) on Tuesday at $683.73 and sold for a loss on Thursday at $678.40.  I had two more Apple trades below that worked out amazing and I wanted to move to the sidelines and regroup.

Apple (AAPL) - I bought a 50% position in Apple (AAPL) on Wednesday at $667 and was able to sell at $672.53.   This trade cancelled out the above trade. 

Apple (AAPL) - I bought a 50% position in after hours on Wednesday at $665.57 and sold on Thursday at $673.47.

Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) - This Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) trade cancelled out two of my above HEB trades because I took a loss.  I made a mistake of buying a 50% position in HEB on Monday at $0.97 which I could have sold for a profit twice but didn't.  I averaged down at $0.80 on Thursday for a full position at $0.885.  I dumped this position for a loss at $0.83 right after my $0.80 buy.  I held on to those $0.97's way to long.

Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (QCOR) - I took a small position in QCOR on Thursday morning at $17.87.  I sold a short time later at $18.04 for a profit.

Research in Motion (RIMM) - I bought RIMM on the blow out earnings report Thursday night at $8.23 in after hours.  I ended up selling RIMM on Friday at $8.37 for a small gain.

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) - Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (PPHM) was my last trade of the week Friday morning.  I bought PPHM at $1.03 and sold a short time later at $1.08 for a nice gain.
Copyright © 2008-2020 - daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com

Stocks to Buy 2020 - Click Here