Hot Stock Alerts

Potential Breakout Stocks of the Day:
Top Stocks 2021 - TSLA BYND GBTC
Top Penny Stocks 2021 - GBTC

Stock Market Closing Report - 12/8/20 December 8, 2020

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stock Trading July 6, 2012 (SSN,PCX,UVXY,KERX,MVIS,VRNG)

By Tim - http://stockstobuy.org - Twitter - @stockstobuy -

I recently started a stock picks group where I share all my stock trades in real time, tell members what stocks I am buying, and give analysis on the stock market. I also highlight key pre market and after hours news and just try to create a daily trading plan so that we can all make money. Most importantly, I share with members the right way to trade so that they can make more winning trades and avoid losses.

Below is analysis of my trades from July 2, 2012 - July 6, 2012. I had a 4 out of 5 success rate, with one open position that is currently up from where I bought it.

Samson Oil & Gas Limited (SSN) - Samson Oil & Gas Limited (SSN) was a stock I held through last weekend. I bought SSN at $1.10 and ended up selling on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at $1.24. This two day SSN trade turned out to gain 12%.

ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (UVXY) - I bought ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (UVXY) on Monday at $9.30 and ended up selling at $9.35 for a minor gain. After I bought UVXY, the ETF ran into the $9.60's but I didn't expect it to drop back so fast.

Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (KERX) - I place a buy on KERX stock at $2.05 on Thursday and got filled. The stock ran straight to $2.12 but then dropped back down. I ended up getting stopped out of my long position at $1.99. This was my only losing trade of the week and it was a minor loss.

Microvision Inc. (MVIS) - Microvision Inc. (MVIS) was another good trade this week. I bought the stock on July 5, 2012 at $1.83. I ended up selling MVIS a short time later at $1.89. MVIS ran up above $2.10 the next day but a profit is a profit.

Patriot Coal (PCX) - Patriot Coal (PCX) was probably my best trade of the week. We have been watching and trading PCX in the stock picks group for about three week now. The stock failed at a key resistance level on Friday and then broke down. I bought PCX at $1.98 and sold at $2.20 about 10 minutes later. I am in the process of preparing a plan for the next monster PCX trade. I plan to take a large position at some point but a few things need to happen with this stock first. I will be sharing it with active group members soon.

Vringo (VRNG) - Vringo (VRNG) is a stock that I bought on Friday afternoon. I paid $3.71 and the stock closed at $3.77. VRNG is an active open trading position so won't give any details right now. I am still doing some research and will alert group members what I will do with this stock on Monday.

We had another great week even though it was a low volume holiday shortened week. PCX was insane last week but if you don't trade it correctly and buy at the wrong time, you can really get crushed. There are a lot of interesting stocks I am looking at this weekend so I am excited for the week ahead.

We will be back at it in the Stock Picks Group on Monday -http://www.stockstobuy.org/group/stock-picks



Copyright © 2008-2020 - daytradingstockblog.blogspot.com

Stocks to Buy 2020 - Click Here